Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions govern your use of our website and terms & conditions of sale. Please read these terms in full before continuing. If you do not accept these terms, please do not use this Website. Using this Website implies that you wholly accept these terms & conditions and are willing to be bound by them. We do occasionally update these terms so please refer back to them in the future.
1. SITE ACCESS
- 1.1 Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the services we provide on this website without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- 1.2 You will be able to access the majority of this Website without having to register any details with us. [However, particular areas of this Website will only be accessible if you have registered.]
2. USE OF WEBSITE
- 2.1 You are permitted to use our website for your own purposes and to print and download material provided that you do not modify any content without our consent. Material on this website must not be republished online or offline without our permission.
- 2.2 The copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website are owned by us or our licensors and must not be reproduced without our prior consent.
- 2.3 Subject to paragraph 2.1, no part of this Website may be reproduced without our prior written permission.
3. SITE UPTIME
- 3.1 We take all reasonable steps to ensure that this Website is available 24 hours every day, 365 days per year. However, websites do sometimes encounter downtime due to server and, other technical issues. Therefore we will not be liable if this website is unavailable at any time.
- 3.2 This Website may be temporarily unavailable due to issues such as system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control. Where possible we will try to give our visitors advance warning of maintenance issues but shall not be obliged to do so.
4. VISITOR CONDUCT
- 4.2 When using this website you shall not post or send to or from this Website any material:
- (a) for which you have not obtained all necessary consents;
- (b) that is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, liable to incite racial hatred, in breach of confidentiality or privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to others, which encourages or constitutes conduct that would be deemed a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise is contrary to the law in the United Kingdom;
- (c) which is harmful in nature including, and without limitation, computer viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted data, or other potentially harmful software or data. (detailed in section 5)
- 4.3 We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requiring us to disclose the identity or other details of any person posting material to this website in breach of Paragraph 4.2.
5 VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
- 5.1 You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
- 5.2 By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
- 5.3 We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it
6. LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES
- 6.1 Any links to third party websites located on this Website are provided for your convenience only. We have not reviewed each third party website and have no responsibility for such third party websites or their content. We do not endorse the third party websites or make representations about them or any material contained in them. If you choose to access a third party website linked to from this Website, it is at your own risk.
- 6.2 If you would like to link to this Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, any page on this Website, and subject to the following conditions:
- (a) you do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any services or products unless this has been specifically agreed with us;
- (b) you do not misrepresent your relationship with us or present any false information about us;
- (c) you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
- (d) your website does not contain content that is offensive, controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or does not comply in any way with the law in the United Kingdom.
- 6.3 If you choose to link to our website in breach of Paragraph 5.2 you shall fully indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered as a result of your actions.
7. OUR DETAILS
www.rbstarelectrical.co.uk is a site operated by R&B Star (Electrical Wholesalers) Ltd
("We"); we are a Limited Company registered in England and Wales
Company Registration number: 693828
Registered Office: Unit 9 Nimbus Enterprise Park, Liphook Way, Maidstone, ME16 0LQ
VAT Registration Number: GB 205 7020 10.
8. OUR SERVICES
We have telesales teams & trade counter facilities at the following locations:
(Please note: we are currently unable to accept payments over the phone, All orders must be completed via our ecommerce store)
Crayford Branch - Tel:01322 555 125
14 Kennet Road, Crayford, Kent, DA1 4SD
Greenwich Branch - Tel:020 8269 0006
Unit 24 Greenwich Centre Business Park, Norman Road, Greenwich London SE10 9QF
Maidstone Branch - Tel:01622 626 950
Unit 9 Nimbus Enterprise Park, Liphook Way, Maidstone, ME16 0LQ
- 9.1 Delivery times are approximate and we will at all times use our best endeavours to comply with the specified delivery times. We however shall not be liable for any loss, penalties or damage, direct or indirect incurred by delayed delivery and in no case shall delay be a ground for rejecting goods nor shall the Company be responsible for any consequence or loss however incurred.
- 9.2 Any shortage or damage must be clearly identified and a written statement of the facts received by ourselves within 3 days after the date of delivery, otherwise no claim will be entertained. The package and contents should be retained for examination.
- 9.3 Written notice of any non- delivery must be received by our online support team within 7 days of the date of invoice. Time is of the essence of this clause. Our liability in respect of any claim accepted under this clause is limited to making up the shortage or replacing of any goods proved to have been damaged or lost in transit to the point of delivery, and we accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered by you, whether direct or consequential and howsoever arising.
- 10.1 Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, you have the right to cancel an order (or any part of it) for any reason before delivery (Subject to exclusions referenced in paragraph 9.3)
- 10.2 To cancel an order, you must contact us within seven working days of receipt of delivery of your item(s), either by email quoting your order number or via our automated returns authorisation system accessible through the account dropdown menu or directly from your customer account area.
- 11.1 If you wish to return an item after the statutory seven working days but within 30 days of purchase you must contact us in writing by email or fax to request a returns authorisation.
- 11.2 Return requested made outside the 30 day period are at the sole discretion of R&B Star Electrical Wholesalers Ltd and will be considered on a case by case basis. (Please note:a minimum stocking charge of 25% will be applied in most cases)All returns are subject to the special order items exclusion (referenced in paragraph 13)
- 11.3 You must take reasonable care of the item(s) whilst they are in your possession and they must be returned unused and in the condition in which they were received.
- Items should be packed in such a way as to protect them in transit (eg: using the original box and packaging materials). Please note: customers are required to meet the postal/carriage costs incurred in returning unwanted items, but will be fully refunded for the price of the goods themselves.
Returns policy (click here for more details)
12. PAYMENTS & REFUNDS.
- 12.1 We offer a range of payment options including Visa, Visa Debit, Mastercard, Maestro, Visa electron, American Express,PayPal and Proforma (Please note:the Proforma payment option is only available to pre-registered customers and all orders must have cleared funds before the order is processed)
- 12.2 All our credit card transactions are handled by Paypal, one of the market leaders in secure online transactions. The transfer of order and payment details from our website to Paypal are encapsulated using Paypal's own encrypted and digitally-signed protocol. Any communication between the shopper and Paypal is encrypted to the maximum strength supported by the shopper's browser using 128 Bit encrypted sessions. Shoppers are also protected from fraudulent use of their card by the 3D-secure (Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode) schemes. The card issuer provides the right for a shopper to dispute a transaction if the goods/services did not arrive or if the card was used fraudulently.
Payment Processing (click here for more details)
13. SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS.
Cancellations and returns (referenced in paragraph's 10 & 11) do not apply to special order items that have been ordered or made to your specification.
Special Order items (click here for more details)
14. SECURITY & PRIVACY.
Read the following documents for more details
- 15.1 We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information on this Website is correct. However, the reference materials contained on our site are provided for general information purposes only and do not claim to be or constitute legal or other professional advice and shall not be relied upon as such.
- 15.2 While every effort is made to obtain an accurate image and description of all articles supplied, a manufacturer's image is not always available. in such cases, an image of a similar article maybe used as guidance only, without notification. If you are unsure as to the accuracy of any image or description please visit the manufactuers website using the links provided in our directory or e-mail us so that we can advise you futher.
- 15.3 We do not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from accessing or reliance on the information on this site and to the fullest extent permitted by English law, we exclude all liability for loss or damages direct or indirect arising from use of this site.
16. EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
- 16.1 Neither we nor any other party (whether or not involved in producing, maintaining or delivering this Website), shall be liability or responsible for any kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party as a result of your or their use of our website. This exclusion shall include servicing or repair costs and, without limitation, any other direct, indirect or consequential loss, and whether in tort or contract or otherwise in connection with this Website.
- 16.2 Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977); (ii) fraud; (iii) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or (iv) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under the law of the United Kingdom.
This Legal Notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any dispute(s) arising in connection with this Legal Notice are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of England and Wales.
Any failure by us to enforce any or all of these conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of any of our rights hereunder.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact:
Thank you for visiting our site.